Milk Contract Trading
For full details of the policy and documents to be submitted please click on the link below. The policy / procedure is summarised as follows:
- The exiting supplier must be permanently ceasing milk supply and not transferring supply to another company / processor.
- To commence proceedings the exiting farmer must complete and submit a “Milkline listing form”. Details of the contract available will then be be listed on Milkline and a SMS sent to all suppliers in that same Region alerting them to the listing.
- Contracts of more than 200,000 litres per annum may be split and transferred to multiple acquiring farmers (minimum of 100,000 litres applies).
- Any suppliers interested in acquiring any of the litres should make direct contact with the exiting farmer to negotiate details. Once agreement is reached both parties should complete and submit the necessary forms to DFMC.
- Letter requesting DFMC consent to Contact Transfer / Farm Owners Consent form if applicant is not the owner
- Statutory Declaration
- Copy of letter to State Dairy Authority re cancellation of dairy licence
- Consent of acquiring farmer / farm owners consent form if acquiring farmer is not the owner
- a limit of 2 months from the date of ceasing supply or date of listing (whichever comes first) is allowed for submission of all necessary documentation for consideration / approval.
- for information concerning taxation and GST see letter from Grant Thornton
Phone: 0405 172 803