How we work
DFMC is farmer-run and farmer-owned, bringing together milk, capital and members to provide better outcomes for dairy farmers and manufacturers. Our six-member board consists of five dairy farmers and one independent director with expertise in finance and business management.
The Ward Representative Advisory Council (WRAC) is a consultative panel made up of 10 DFMC members. They act as a sounding board on policy and strategy to help drive the co-operative forward.
As a co-operative, we use our members’ collective milk volume, capital and membership to:
- Negotiate competitive pricing at the farmgate
- Maintain a milk policy to ensure high quality product
- Manage our members’ collective milk supply
- Support dairy farmers’ personal and business development
- Provide financial loans to members struck by drought or disaster
- Address the needs and concerns of farmers from all regions
The co-operative actively promotes best farm practices and animal welfare, and works hard to ensure there is a sustainable and thriving Australian dairy industry.
Security for members
We stand for fair and competitive milk prices that will provide value and security for our dairy farmers.
The security of our farmers translates to a secure milk supply for our partners. A fair milk price grants confidence and resources to our farmers opening the doors for investment, innovation and improvements on the farm. Through competitive pricing we can guarantee a high-quality product that will meet the rising expectations of consumers.